Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cosi, not so cosy, but very sweet about it...

I met the sis, cousin Pam, Tricia, and Dward in Old Town Alexandria last night for some dinner and dessert. They had s'mores at Cosi that were really cool. Who knew Cosi would serve you a mini fire, graham crackers, marshmallows, and a chocolate bar? I think the mini fire was the part I was most surprised about, but the whole thing was rather cool.

Anyway, Megan and I had just met up at Cosi because the rest of the party had just been kicked out of some seafood restaurant. As I go about consuming this ridiculous brownie sundae (customized with two scoops of vanilla ice cream), the waitress begins gathering our dishes and putting the pressure on me. She doesn't ask out to leave outright, but she hovers a bit and grabs dishes from all around me. Finally she makes some comment about the dishwasher leaving and asks for me to get the dishes back so she doesn't have to wash them.. At this point we're all wondering when she's going to grab the sundae from under my nose.

I barely finished the dessert when she graciously lets us know we can leave through the side door. It was all rather comical. "I hope you enjoyed your meal.... feel free to use our side door!" We knew we were getting booted (for the second time if you were the sis and cousin party), but it was all too nice to be upset about it.

I guess Old Town really does turn in early.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

She really did manage to keep a very polite face and tone while making it very obvious we were going to LEAVE. RIGHT. NOW.