Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Workout/Rehab time

Now that Ultimate season is basically over with/slowing down, it's time to start hitting the weights a little harder and time to let my left heel and right shin repair themselves (unconfirmed, but I think the shin might be a stress fracture... it's kept me up a few nights since our last tournament).

I was a little hesitant to mention that I'm doing my second circuit workout of this week, but I heard some information yesterday that made me feel better about not being 100% over the soreness from last weekend. I would only feel guilty because I should start hitting the legs harder now that I'm not prepping for a tournament every weekend. Anyway, I was told that I played 135 of our 161 points this weekend! Now I don't feel so bad about walking around like an old man...

Anyway, I just hooked up some new weight equipment... I've been hearing about this TRX stuff for a while and I figured I could do something cheaper in my basement gym, so I went to Home Depot and bought 2 lengths of chain, a couple carabiners (to adjust the lengths), and 2 short lengths of hose for handles and created my own suspension system. I'm pretty excited because it means I can add that to the workouts for an added boost to the core.

So here's the circuit for today:
Reverse lunge from deficit (basically, reverse lunge with your front leg elevated)
Back Extension
V-Ups w/Med. Ball
Stiff Leg Deadlift w/Shrug
Close grip bench press
Bulgarian Single leg Split Squat
Inverted Row (on the chains)
Kettlebell Swing
Push Ups alternating hands on a medicine ball

I think we'll probably go for 25-30 minutes with 10 reps at each exercise... I think Jim's joining me today, so maybe I'll think of a second set to punish him with once we're done with this one.... hmmmmmmmm.....

No comments: