Monday, April 13, 2009

The end of Easter Weekend (Post #100!)

So, the weekend ends... It was a ridiculously long weekend of Halo 3, Capstone research/writing, and working out...

I'm now sitting at 20 pages on my paper (if you count the 2 attachments I'm at 26), and I need to have 25-30 to be done with it. There are still some small details to finish up, but I'm feeling pretty good about where I stand right now. I should have it in the mail and to my prof. by April 22.

Stills got back from vacation earlier enough for one more workout:

Bench Press 3x10
Chin Up 5x5-6 w/10lbs. extra
Inverted Row and Single Arm DB Bench - Superset
Single Arm Shoulder Press and DB Fly - Superset
Reverse Curl and Plate Drill (call it what you want, moving a plate around your head...) - Superset
DB Kickbacks and Curl - Superset

I felt pretty good about the workout, but I still feel like I should be doing some more weight on the bench. I did sets of 10x185, 5x205 (and then repped out 4 more with a few seconds in between each) and 5x195 because I was pretty much spent from the 2nd set. I'm wondering if I should stick with sets of 4-6 or if I should drop the weight some and keep with the longer sets... I'll have to think on that a bit, but it probably doesn't help that I'm only doing 50lbs with the DB bench stuff. It's definitely too light for me, but bigger dumbbells are so damn expensive!

Ah well, circuits tomorrow and lower body again on Thursday.

No comments: