Tuesday, April 7, 2009

College Sectionals 2009: The Last One?!?

Well, that's it. I'm sort of done with the college series at this point... I only say that because I technically have another year of eligibility that's still hanging around, but I don't really think I'll be using it. It was a tough year overall, but I think we ended on a good note.

Here's the final tally from Sectionals:
L v. Johns Hopkins 8-9
W v. Maryland B 8-5
W v. Delaware B 13-1
L v. George Washington 3-13
L v. Salisbury 9-13
W v. George Mason 16-15
W v. St. Mary's 13-8
L v. Salisbury 13-14

We ended the year (so far, we have 1, possibly 2, more tournaments to play) with a 15-8 record and an 8th place finish at Sectionals.

I keep trying to tell everyone to not have regrets about how things went this year, but I'm continually forced to discuss the things that went wrong for us. Since that's the case, I'm going to tell you the one goal I'm sad I was unable to accomplish. I had really hoped to be able to bring this team to Regionals, but now that I've told you that, I'll tell you about a few things that did happen:

- We beat Penn State in 2008.
- 1st place at Cupid's Revenge in 2008.
- 2nd place at IUP Nutbuster in 2009.
- Two games that stand out above all others were against Carleton-GOP at D-III Nationals in 2008 and against Carleton University at Delaware's SHOWdown in 2007. Although we lost those two games, our offense was the most in sync it has ever been. Not to mention the spirit in those games was mostly unmatched in some of our other big games (PSU being one of them...).
- Although our team as a whole doesn't work as hard as most, I think we have one of the hardest workers in college ultimate on our team. Thanks for all of your hard work, Frodo. I'm constantly encouraged by your work ethic and I hope that everyone else can find motivation from it in the future.
- Jess had one of the best catches I've seen from Bad Habit at SHOWdown 2008.
- Moustache's for Cancer. One of the best and worst fundraisers of all time.
- Round Robin Blooper Reel. Although it wasn't funny as it happened, it sure is hilarious to look back at.
- John has still not caught a Callahan.
- Ranjo's Callahan, seconds after Kyle shut off the video camera at HoTI 2008!
- I think Stills and I hooked up for 100+ scores in the last 3 semesters we played together.
- Jim and Dan started laying it out on defense.
- Members of Bad Habit beat members of Mamabird at Wildwood 2008.
- Coach Dave. Thank you for everything!
- "Fat" everything...
- Finding Arin's contact at Roll Call 2008

And that's about all for now... I guess I'll get back to work. Don't take this to mean that the season's over. Here's the remaining schedule:

CUA Alumni Game - May 3, Washington, DC
D-III Nationals??? - May 30-21, Versailles, OH

No comments: