Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Shippensburg Fall Classic Preview....

Pool A
A1: Messiah (1)
A2: St. Mary’s (3)
A3: Shippensburg (6)
A4: Catholic (8)
A5: Ship Ultimate Still Are’s (9)

Pool B
B1: Georgetown (2)
B2: College of New Jersey (4)
B3: Rhode Island (5)
B4: Maryland-Baltimore County (7)
B5: Penn State Behrend (10)

I’m really interested in the format here. Not that it’s really out-of-the-ordinary, but pool play starts Friday night at 7:00pm and ends at 1:00am under the lights. Bracket play will start up at 10:00am Saturday morning. It’s actually a really nice break in the tourney schedule since we’ll actually get Sunday off this weekend. That will give us plenty of time to gear up for Haverween if our bid is accepted.

Messiah – D-III Nats contender, Regionals qualifier, and looks to be a team that can seriously psyche out our guys. Let’s look to come out intense in this game to prove to ourselves we can win.

St. Mary’s – They’ve beaten us something like 3-4 times at Sectionals in recent history but none of these wins have been overly impressive. If we show up, we can probably win this game. I know this team has a few solid players who have played club (mixed and open) this past summer. One handler and a cutter I know are for sure going to be threats in this game. Other than that I remember their team being a bunch of odd characters with questionable fitness and belly hair.

Shippensburg – I don’t really know this team so I can’t say a bunch about them.

Shipp Still Are’s – Sounds a lot like a Shipp alumni team… Depending on how recently this team has graduated, they could be tough, or they could just roll over for us.

It’s odd doing predictions for the team you play on, but I’m going to go ahead and predict. I think we’ll go 2-2 on the day with losses to Messiah and Shipp (home field advantage of course) and wins to St. Mary’s and Still Are’s. Prove me wrong, I’d love to go undefeated!

No comments: