Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Josh Ritter 10/9/2007

Great show last night! Josh brought the audience through the gamut of his albums with a song from just about every one. I really like the stuff from his new album "The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter," but I can't help but fall back on favorites from "The Animal Years" and "Hello, Starling." A few highlights from the show:

Kathleen
Rumors - With the addition of a small orchestra
Monster Ballads - which I got a Sah-weeet video/audio recording of!
The Temptation of Adam
Harrisburg
Girl in the War
All Josh Ritter banter...
And pretty much every other song he played...

On a different note, I ran at practice Monday. I actually feel pretty good this week. My hip flexors had been a little sore to go along with my groin issues last week, but everything just sort of disappeared after I worked it out a bit at practice. I'm not saying I'm healed... it's not quite that miraculous, but I feel good. That's pretty rare, so I'm hoping this is something that stays with me for a while.... maybe there's hope yet.

No comments: