Thursday, September 20, 2007

Put me in Coach

Breathe.

That's what I'm telling myself as 7 turns happen in succession. Why can't we just dump the disc and swing it? Why do we force it down the sideline into our defenders? Questions I can't answer obviously. But, I'll be damned if I'm just going to let it happen.

There were two points at practice today that irked me. Endzone drill and the 3rd or 4th point of the game. Practice was amazing Monday! It was intense, lightbulbs were going off in peoples' heads, great decisions were made! Today, not so much. Bad throws, decisions, defense, and use of space had me fighting to contain myself.

Dave related this to child rearing... I'm not sure that's too far off.

Things will get better. We will be the team I envision, it's just going to take a little polish.

Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, and ooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuut......

No comments: