Friday, September 14, 2007

Lion Tamer

I spent 5 straight months working my ass off last Fall/Spring to prepare myself for Ultimate. There was no other motivation... I didn't need to lose weight, I was in decent shape, and I don't think I've every really had too many issues with self-esteem.

Anyway, every day I walked to work I felt like a lion. Like there was some beast inside me just waiting to be released. But, I guess things change.

4 months now I haven't lifted a weight in ernest, ran 100%, or even played a single point of Ultimate I thought I could be proud of. Some abdominal pain mixed with a tight groin and a hip flexor issue can do wonders to your mental state. Not to mention your lifestyle.

I've heard a bunch of people talking about this PTD, Post-Tournament Depression, as some kind of physical let down after 2 full days of Ultimate, but I think I have the reverse of this: Pre-Tournament Depression. On the eve of Sectionals I'm thinking about facing off against the top team in D.C. carrying a camera and a cold Shiner Bock. I mean, the sport is fun to watch and all, but jesus I'm so much better at playing!

-insert expletive here-!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: