Friday, September 21, 2007

Bad Habits Die Hard

I am a habitual bad eater. I pretty much eat what I feel like eating and nothing else. Problem is, I always feel like eating, and it's chocolate-chocolate chip that I'm working on right now.

After going on a hard workout regime for the first 3-4 months of this year, I did something stupid to my groin/abs/flexors and now my core isn't working right. So I did what any stupid 24-year-old would do and played on it. Now I'm still hurt and finally deciding I should rest. This summer however, I stopped working out and stuffed my face with all manner of pizza, chicken wings, soda, candy bars, cookies, and beer.

This trend continues. This morning I finished off the other half of my honey barbeque wings from last night, washed it down with a Coca-Cola Classic, and went to grab these c-chocolate chip cookies that I'm eating now.

This is no New Year's resolution, it's a Sept. 21st resolution, a Peace Day resolution as a matter-of-fact. The resolution is this: No cookies, soda, candy, or sugar unless I workout on that day. No cookies, soda, candy, or sugar on practice or track workout days. I'm not running the workouts, but my teammates are expecting me to be there for them when I get healthy. Operation: Peace Day... It's on.

No comments: