Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Players of Note

I figured I should post a little info about the guys who are making some serious noise at practice...

Stills - sophomore cutter/defensive beast. Stills has figured out how to put himself in the play on almost every throw. He's constantly been open recently and putting a lot of pressure on the offense. I'd say he gets clost to double-digit d's at every practice. Should I blame that on the offense? Not sure, but I do konw nobody else is getting those d's. All he needs now is more touch on his throws and a solid understanding of how to set up his cuts. He's open now, if he set up those cuts he would pick up 20 yd gainers consistently...

Lemon - Freshman defensive player. At this point he's still learning the game. 4th week I guess. His flick has come a long way, and I already see improvement in his backhand. He's another big defensive stopper. So big that I had to separate him and Stills so one offense could at least have an option. Lots of speed. If only he was a little taller, but I think he can learn to jump a bit.

John, Dan, Sonic, Jake - Handles in training. Decision-making is not 100% yet, but I think they can be serious threats once they reign a few throws in and gain some confidence. Breaks have been coming a little easier this year, so it's time to shore up the defense. Let's buckle down and see what these guys can do.

Arin, Billy, John - Our big men. Arin is the class of this group with his defensive prowess and knowledge of the game. It's not complete, but it's getting there. Billy and John have been coming along recently and will be huge assets to our team once they get a few tournaments under their belts. I'm excited about these guys, let's keep working hard!!!

We're constantly moving forward, I'm sure more names will emerge.

No comments: