Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sprint Camp

This Friday marks the first of many (*crossing my fingers*) sessions that are devoted to team agility, speed, and overall explosiveness. I know I mention constantly that I say but never do, and I really think this is a great chance to turn it around (Assuming I get the workout schedule from my bro in the next few days!).

Other than that I've just recently been wondering what the disconnect is between desire and the motivation to follow through with those desires... I mean, really. I spend a good 3 hours a day just thinking about Ultimate and how I can make myself and the team better, but I probably don't spend 3 hours a week actually working towards that goal. It's one of those if-I-had-a-nickel things. I mean, if my body was made physically better each time I just thought about Ultimate I would be pretty sick. So why can't we act on our thoughts? It's so damn hard to do for one. And, how do you get to that mental state where you're driving 100% on every rep without someone pushing you every step of the way? I tend to need a partner when it comes to anything physical like this. I'm actually more than willing to push others to the limit, and I feel that I do try to do that often.

The reason I set up this little "speed camp" was to give us a chance to build some team unity over the summer and to motivate myself to improve through the motivation of others. I'm really pretty excited to see what my brother has in store for us; Medicine balls, agility ladders, and a host of plyometric drills are sure to make me burn on Friday. The best part is the number of emails I've received from the guys who can't be there... Everyone wants to know what we're doing to get better this summer and that's pretty damn exciting. I can't wait for the Fall!

No comments: