Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thinking Ahead

As D-III Nationals gets closer I'm starting to look past it for some reason. I guess I do this a lot.... Maybe it helps my tourney anxiety or something. Oh well.

What I'm thinking is that there are going to be some guys we will miss a ton next year. It's been a great two years getting to play with Heureux and Buatti, and I know the team is really going to miss their skills next year. It is actually funny saying this since there are only two players who won't return for the 08-09 season, but they are two that make a huge impact on the game when they are around. Buatti is a special case since he really didn't attend too many tournaments or practices over the last two years, but he managed to show up and impress on occasion, and I'm so happy he did.

Arin, on the other hand, is a beast on defense and will leave behind some very tough shoes to fill. His height, field sense, ability to come down with any throw that comes his way, and his intensity are all things that have carried us through tough situations this year. He is a constant play-maker. There are a few who would try to fill his shoes, but none will truly make that same impact.

So I guess this post is a little sad; maybe reminiscing a bit with under currents of "we are only really missing 1 player from our successful 07-08 squad"... Definitely things to look forward to. Can't wait to share the field with you one more time!

1 comment:

David said...

I think your new link to "The Huddle" may be a ringing endorsement for the Internet. I hope it can sustain its current enthusiasm. Wow.