Tuesday, May 27, 2008

22-12

The college Ultimate season is officially over and Bad Habit has finished the Spring with a record of 22-12! HUGE improvement from 4-13 of a year ago!

We are losing one weapon from this year's team, but I'm sure we will grow stronger next Fall with the addition of our incoming freshmen. If we get anything like a Peter or a Lemon we will consider ourselves extremely lucky!

D-III Nationals was a mixed experience for me. I had a great weekend overall: There was a lot of spirited play, great competition, my deep throws were pretty much on all weekend, we played a great game against Carleton-GOP (who ended in 3rd place), Dave did a great job calling lines and keeping everyone fresh, some guys who sometimes get overlooked really proved that they could come in a fill big roles when needed (Sonic and John are two that come to mind), and there were some huge plays by the rest of the Catholic team.

There were also some frustrating moments: Losing universe point to Stonehill (we definitely should've beaten these guys), I had a few points where I just made big mental mistakes and I think I dropped more discs (3-4?) than I've dropped in any other tourney this year, and I didn't want to be 15th place. We had two shots at breaking seed (we were 15 coming in), but we didn't take advantage against Stonehill or Vassar.

I'm very happy with our season and I can't thank the guys enough for their hardwork. Of course this means we're going to have to work harder next year, but it's nice to have such a successful season to help us grow and draw inspiration from.

No comments: