Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This thing needs an update: Muck of the Irish 2009

It's been a while. It turns out I'm pretty bad at this blogging thing, but I'd say the sis is worse... My sister hasn't churned out anything since Obama was sworn in, so at least I'm beating her there. Who knows, this could be motivation for both of us.

As it turns out I've passed on 3 tournament write-ups since we played in Richmond a month or so ago. Surprise, surprise, this is Ultimate news again, but at least it's some news. Just so you know, we did play a "tourney" at the beginning of March, but we had 7 guys and faded out after the 2nd game of the day so I'll just give you a quick recap here:

Muck of the Irish
- 7 guys showed during Spring Break, we had 8 when Coach D jumped in.
- We cruised on offense against SUNY-Buffalo and took advantage of their mistakes (make no mistake, we did not play defense) to win 13-5
- We played a tight game against local club team, WireTap, in our second game. We had more offensive brilliance, but our d was equally offensive...We brought them to double game point but couldn't get the turnover we needed. 11-10 Tap
- Kyle's hand got stepped on, John cramped up, I cramped up, and then Jared had somewhere to be... It was a good time to forfeit the day and get some margaritas.

We've been doing both better and worse since then, but this is Catholic Ultimate so that's to be expected. I'll get around to a IUP Nutbuster and a Shippensburg Steakfest write-up when I get to feeling guilty again. Oh, and I'll post a highlight vid from the Muck and Nutbuster soon too.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I wrote in my blog today, but I actually had no idea you wrote this until mom and dad said you were "dissing me" in your blog. It's on.