Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Breaking In

Back to working out. Doing the break-in workouts from the "New Rules of Lifting" by Lou Schuler until the end of the week before moving on into the Fat-Loss workouts. I don't really know how much I really need a "fat-loss" workout, but I'm pretty sure the workout looks pretty rough even if it is specifically for burning fat.

I've been spending the past two weeks building up the weight room, and I'm finding that I'm feeling better working out recently as well. I doubt there's a correlation, but it's nice to have things in order again. New dumbbells, a chin-up bar, a new Olympic barbell, and a makeshift dumbbell rack makes for more stations to work in (meaning I can invite more friends over to lift with me) and makes it easier to meet the rest periods in the workouts. Turns out it is important to maintain the different recovery times to actually accomplish what the workout is built around. Lower recovery for endurance/fat-loss/hypertrophy workouts, higher recovery for strength and power.

I've sort of been on hiatus for a few months, but it's nice to lift again and I'm feeling stronger already. Maybe I'll even feel good about my fitness by the New Year...

No comments: