Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Update

This is probably a good time to do a quick set of bullets on what's going on with me right now. I had a really busy weekend that led to a lack of great ideas for the blog, but there is a lot happening right now.

- After almost two months of waiting, I have finally received my course materials for my Understanding Nutrition I course. I began coursework this past weekend, and will hopefully find time each day to put in some reading. I think one of the books weighs in around 15 pounds...

- I will be taking a TRX certification course on Sunday. It's going to be a long day, but the TRX is a sweet suspension training tool that I already use fairly often in the gym. I've already done a bunch of my own reading/research on its uses, but hopefully the course will give me a few more ideas.

- Our first game of the Skeeson (Skeeball season!) was Monday night. We lost a close game, but I have a feeling we'll do pretty well in the league. It's pretty fun and a little ridiculous. I'm really competitive, so I'm looking for chances to practice my game. I just keep thinking about all those times I skipped over Skee Ball to play Time Crisis at the Dave & Busters...

- I am officially playing baseball this summer. I talked about joining up with a team for a bit, but now that I've paid my summer dues it's pretty official. I'm playing with the DC Bears in a local wood bat baseball league. It has been 9 years since I've played ball, but the fundamentals are coming back quickly and the recent weather has been great for it!

- One of my clients at Results has lost ~20lbs in the two months we've worked together. Awesome.

- This video is awesome and seriously made me cringe...

3 comments:

Kirk said...

Skeeball season? Isn't Skeeball that game you play at the arcade with the wooden balls? I didn't know it had a season. I think you should post some video. And speaking of video, the Nasal Cleaning clip was awesome... it's now on my facebook page.

Unknown said...

Dude skeeball? Be an athlete. Let me know how those nutrition courses go, I've been eating brownies with chocolate milk for desert the last couple nights. Still not sold completely on the TRX, but I do recognize it has it's uses.

AlanJ40 said...

Dude, Phil, being an athlete requires hand-eye coordination that only skeeball can teach. You should look into it, there are leagues in Austin.

Kirk, you should definitely check out the United Skeeball Association's home page. It's legit. We play with little wooden balls... hmmmmmm, legitimacy gone.

All the teams/player names are plays on words, so it's kinda fun. I'm on my girlfriend's office team, Riskee Business. Not to mention, if you score 2 100's in the same round (9 throws) you get a free beer.