Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting Antsy

I've completed my Masters in May, the job's steady, I'm playing golf, and I've been away from Ultimate pretty much all summer. Now that I have a relaxed schedule, I've been reading up on nutrition/food science stuff, weight-lifting, and keeping current on several fitness professionals blogs, and it's making me really antsy.

I think I need something more. I've been browsing local and online programs for kinesiology/exercise science/nutrition programs and it's so hard to find a place to start. I don't even know what I really want out of it yet, but I know I'm interested. It's too bad CUA doesn't have a program (because it would be FREE).

Things that come to mind are continuing into the HR field working towards an education in corporate wellness programs, doing a strength and conditioning focus and possibly integrating that into a coaching/training career, or doing something with exercise-based intervention.

I think the problem is just getting started at this point. I don't really know where to begin, I'm a little nervous about the financial issues related with doing a degree program now, and I'm definitely frustrated that I didn't get into this my first round through college... I think it would have been nice to at least have done the human anatomy and physiology courses and covered a few pre-reqs that will slow things down now.

I'm going to keep looking and hopefully I'll find something that's feasible for me. I guess all I can do now is just continue to educate myself and do some self-study towards a certification exam of some sort.

No comments: