Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week 3: Bad Habit

2 weeks have passed and we're starting to get a feel for the rookies that will stick it out for the season. It looks like we've got a really positive, athletic bunch, so I'm excited for the first tourney. It looks like the first one for us will be the end of Sept at the Snake Farm Classic in Richmond, VA. Our good friends the Biscuit Villains of VCU will be putting on their second annual tourney and I'm pysched that we can be a part of it. It's too bad we missed the first run of it!

I should be going to bed, since we've now started 7am Wed practices, but I just wanted to put a few thoughts down about the upcoming season....

1. We're going to play a lot of tournaments this Fall!
2. Starting a women's team at Catholic looks like it might just happen this year.
3. People are starting to buy into the "Ultimate as a 'real' sport" thing I've been preaching.
4. We're doing a Saturday pick-up each week that we don't have a tourney. I really want this to turn into a scrimmage against other DC teams. Thoughts are American, Georgetown, GW, Maryland (B, maybe?), VCU, George Mason, and Johns Hopkins... Others cross my mind, but I'm trying to stay close.
5. It's great to have a coach!

Well, need to get some sleep so I can be productive tomorrow. Get into the Habit!

No comments: