Monday, March 3, 2008

Newsletter's Up!

http://studentorg.cua.edu/ultimate//Mid_Feb_BH_Newsletter[1].pdf

I've been working on puting this up for a while now and I finally did it! Hopefully I can better stay on top of things for March.

Sorry for no update on Cupid's Revenge yet, but here it is:

We won the tournament! After playing 104 points on Saturday with a big let-down in the final game vs. Maryland B, we came back to beat Johns Hopkins 15-8 in our final pool game and Towson 15-14 in the final. We had capped the game at 15 and Towson had called universe point as they pulled to us. The pull went out-of-bounds and we had a built-in set play for every ob pull on the weekend. Jared picks up, Pete sets up as the reset, and I'm the fill at the front of the stack. Jared throws the break IO to me and I turn and put a backhand in the corner of the endzone. A few of the defenses this weekend had sealed well on the backhand huck, but Towson was a little slow to break on it and I floated the disc out in front of Buatti for the score. I think 7 seconds and 2 throws to clear the field.

Pretty sure this is the first ever tournament victory for the Habit. Congrats guys!!! Write-up from the weekend will be found in the March edition of the newsletter.

No comments: